This approach, based on the structure of improvisation games and exercises, allows you to absorb skills naturally without conscious effort.
These games are designed to stimulate action, relation, spontaneity and creativity in a group setting. It’s learning by doing through first-hand experience – rather than by lecture with data delivery.
This play-oriented workshop approach – which started as a whole new branch of the American Theatre – is now adapted to the needs of leaders and emerging leaders and the specific issues they face in their businesses.
From the improvisation world and the business world, the imperatives are the same:
- Work off your partner
- Let go, and trust
- Be in the moment
- Use all of you (not just your mind)
- Surprise each other
- Do, rather than feel
- Work with unpredictability
- Work from your passion
- Play as one – be an ensemble
“Prepare to be unprepared”. That’s what Amy Poehler, (SNL, Second City, Parks and Recreation) in her 2011 graduation speech to Harvard College said she learned to do as improviser. In this workshop, we explore how to stay in the moment, think on your feet and rely on your personal resources while using the activities of improvisation. This is not “improv” sketch comedy. You do not have to be funny. Just show up and participate.
With this work you can:
- Think on your feet in fast paced or uncomfortable situations
- Communicate more directly
- Deal with uncertainty
- Go deeper into relationships with clients, investors, colleagues and teams
- Engage more freely
- Feel more confident in everyday or high pressure interactions
- Find your authentic presence
- Build teams and brainstorm successfully
- Establish the creative space to more effectively solve problems
- Find personal resilience
Improvisation techniques get you present in the moment, ready for anything, thinking on your feet. This is a novel experience with new ways to have you be more successful in your business. The work is fast-paced – and hey, it’s not around a conference table!
You will do what improvisers do to prepare, perform, and succeed when the stakes are high. We’ll take you through improvisation exercises and activities that help you tap in to your intuition and inner knowing.